FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 am 

Just curious here Joeal, but which one did you put in first, which one 2nd , which one 3rd etc? I'm starting to think that the site goes by the order you put them into the site and not based on the dollar amount etc.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to adjust the order you have them other then to decline them all then put the requests into the site in the order you want them to be processed.

You might want to try that for tonight and see what happens. If you need help figuring out how to decline them, I think I posted about that in page one of this posting. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 am 

From what George told me, the site processes them from top down and not by dollar amount.

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:09 am 

I messed with the site for over an hour. It was nearing 5:00 my time, and at that time I had them in the order of my priority. Trying one last time to do a conditional pick, I declined my number one and re-entered him, trying conditional. It didn't work. So my list order was player B, C, A. I was awarded C. Check the other postings on page one, as others had the same thing happen.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:28 am 

I had the same issues and got noone. This time, and I stated earlier, I THINK I have it figured out. I want to get rid of at least 2 players, so I put in the first player to lose and put in 1 bid and 6 conditional like the rules state. I did the same for the other player. It shows them in my pending. So, we'll see. To select conditional, just select another pick after your first and it throws it into the conditional spot and then you put in the dollar amount. Just to try and make certain that I get my first pick first, I made sure that the dollar amounts went lower as the conditional pick went higher. I hope this helps, cause I think I confused myself. If this doesn't work, then this whole system stinks and is totally unfair for those of us that can't get the concept. I'd hate to keep trying different things until it finally works week 10.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 am 

Why doesn't fanstar have a help function? That really seems to be a elementary function of any fantasy scoring website.

Week is over, but I still own Falcoholic. :dance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:32 pm 

Actually, if you go to www.fanstarpro.com then move all the way down to the bottom of the page, you'll see the Contact Email button. Click on that. when it comes up, tell them your name, the name of your league, the address for  your league then tell them what problems you're having and they'll respond pretty quickly to what you need to do to correct them.

That's how I ended up figuring everything out. Good luck. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:47 pm 

If you have done that, would you mind posting their response, so 59 other people don't have to do it? Or did they indicate that they would make it public? Unreal that this is even an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 pm 

" wrote:
If you have done that, would you mind posting their response, so 59 other people don't have to do it? Or did they indicate that they would make it public? Unreal that this is even an issue.

What browser are you using? I suggest not using Firefox for this as some features seem not to work in it. Although I think I got the live scoring to work in FireFox last week, but not in IE. (It's incredibly annoying with the TD announcements every time it updates though, even though it announced them the last update and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off. It's doubly annoying when you have Warner & Boldin and it's continually saying "Touchdown!!" OK, maybe not as annoying as being Craig's team last week, but annoying none the less.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:13 am 

" wrote:
I had the same issues and got noone. This time, and I stated earlier, I THINK I have it figured out. I want to get rid of at least 2 players, so I put in the first player to lose and put in 1 bid and 6 conditional like the rules state. I did the same for the other player. It shows them in my pending. So, we'll see. To select conditional, just select another pick after your first and it throws it into the conditional spot and then you put in the dollar amount. Just to try and make certain that I get my first pick first, I made sure that the dollar amounts went lower as the conditional pick went higher. I hope this helps, cause I think I confused myself. If this doesn't work, then this whole system stinks and is totally unfair for those of us that can't get the concept. I'd hate to keep trying different things until it finally works week 10.Image

This worked for me. I was able to get some players, and the ones I didn't get is because I was over bid, except for Scaife, but we had the same bid and he had waiver priority, so if you do the waivers as I have indicated, it works. It's stupid, as you can only have 7 options to pick up for dropping a player, but if you want more than seven, just do the 8th and more after the initial request. It is time consuming and a pain, but, at least it's figured out.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:51 am 

The system seemed to work.  The guys I didn't get, I was outbid on and I got the guy I had down in the order.

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next