FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 am 

Seriously? No log in from the front page? It says right at the top LOG IN...there was no log in on the front page of MFL last year either...click log in then you put in the password...same thing! You likely didnt have to sign in because it generally remembers you...did you try going to the My Team menu and see that it says Set Lineup...takes you straight to your lineup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:59 am 

" wrote:
Seriously? No log in from the front page? It says right at the top LOG IN...there was no log in on the front page of MFL last year either...click log in then you put in the password...same thing! You likely didnt have to sign in because it generally remembers you...did you try going to the My Team menu and see that it says Set Lineup...takes you straight to your lineup.

I don't see any LOG IN or MY TEAM on the front page.  Even if you do a Ctrl-F and type in "log" or "my" it won't find anything.  I'd post a picture here but there's no way to upload one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 pm 

Grrr...if I'd have gotten my waiver selections in the order I put them in I'd be down 2 with Romo vs. Westbrook tomorrow.  Now I'm down 15 and all but toast. 

For what it's worth I can't see any kind of login on the front page either, though I have the league page bookmarked so it's not a big deal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 pm 

Fierce, please email me what you are seeing so I can pass it on or give a suggestion myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:27 am 

I have the screen shot saved at home.  I'll try to remember to do so tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:49 am 

I think that I may have figured out the stupid ww process, I guess we'll see.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:50 pm 

Would you mind sharing how it works, or is this something we are relegated to figuring out ourselves? I find it hard to believe we don't have anyone here who can explain this process. Who chose to use this software? I would hope they would have checked it out to make sure it works. It is patently unfair for some owners to know how the system works and others not. I kindly asked for an explanation a week ago and none has been forthcoming. What's up with that? It does not work as the rules describe, so could the rest of us be filled in, please?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:07 am 

" wrote:
Would you mind sharing how it works, or is this something we are relegated to figuring out ourselves? I find it hard to believe we don't have anyone here who can explain this process. Who chose to use this software? I would hope they would have checked it out to make sure it works. It is patently unfair for some owners to know how the system works and others not. I kindly asked for an explanation a week ago and none has been forthcoming. What's up with that? It does not work as the rules describe, so could the rest of us be filled in, please?

Joe

This will be my first week trying it, so I am not sure if what I did is right or not.  But, this is what I did:

My Team | Add/Waive - this only appears when the waiver wire is open (I believe it Tues. night until Friday night)

On the left is my roster - I clicked a player to be waived

On the right is the Free Agents (sortable by name or points) - I clicked on a position and then a player to add to the Picks box.

In the picks box - I inputted a dollar amount

After a selection is made, you can look under the pending menu (on the left).  If the selection is not there, try hitting refresh roster button and then checking pending.

I believe, and this is what I will learn tonight, if you waive the same person more than once, the system will try your top selection first and then your second selection.

I have not figured out what the numbers next to conditional picks do yet.  They seem to not do anything when I clicked them.  EDIT - After you select a player to waive, pick and amount, you can click on the 2 and then click a second player to pick and amount and the system has you automatically dropping the same person for 2 moves.  I assume this means if you drop A and pick B for $5 and pick C for $5, you will get B if no one bids more than $5 for B but if some one bids $10 on B you will get C if no one bids more than $5 on him.

I am going to redo my picks in this manner to see if that works.

Here is a screen shot to help with my ramblings:

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:48 am 

My suggestion is that you not try to do conditional picks with this site. All you're going to do is get yourself confused and probably not end up with who you want.

The best thing I've found to do. Especially if I have one player I want to replace with any one of 2 or 3 other players. Put in a waiver bid getting rid of the one player then putting in one transaction for each of the other players you want. If you want A player more then B or C player, then put $1 more dollar on that player. Then put $1 more dollar on player B then player C.

Once the site has waived the player you want to get rid of, the other waiver bids go to the way side because the player you wanted to drop is already gone.

Hope this helps. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 am 

Thanks Nutty and LoneWolf for your replies. The problem I have is that I did exactly as LoneWolf described and I had my highest bid ignored, my second choice (second highest bid) ignored, and then was awarded the 3rd priority, my lowest bid. My first two choices are still available. And my third choice was second "in order", so it doesn't appear to be done in order either. Rule 8 (d) says priority will be by highest bid. This obviously is not correct, as others have posted that this same thing happened to them. The rules also discuss conditional picks, but don't say how to do them. I guess we will just have to live with what we got, just seems that the software is inadequate.

Joe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next