FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:46 am 

Well, we're through 10 weeks and that means one more game until the bracket championships.  Thought I'd give a quick update to all interested parties as to where things stand.

Bracket 1:

At 8-2, Woody (1314.1 points) has clinched the best record.  Barring a Revelations type miracle, he will face dugr19 (1471.3 points) who has a 164.6 point lead over the next highest scoring team.  Insert whup ass smiley here.

Bracket 2:

Mayhan75 (1455.1 points) has clinched the best record at 9-1.  Since Mayhan75 is also the points leader, Circelli17 (1283.05 points) is up by 4.2 over week 11 foe Tampa Bay Parrotheads (1278.85 points) in the battle for second best.  The extreme longshot in this bracket is Daisy's Dynamic Dueces who trails Circelli by 54.35.  OJ's jailhouse boyfriend said it best, "Damn that's tight."

Bracket 4:

Lone Wolf (1414.15 points) almost assuredly will win the points title for this bracket as he has a 75.4 point lead over Socrates.  The best record in this bracket is much tighter as Rmiller517 (9-1), tormented by his first loss of the season (to Rob Cobb), has allowed Ald (8-2) a shot at the title.  Rmiler517's week 11 foe is bracket high point team Lone Wolf and Ald faces an evenly matched (only 2 points separate their yearly totals) Geewhiz.  Ald has a 108.35 point lead over Rmiller517.    

Bracket 5:
You'd think after 10 weeks, this bracket wouldn't be so convoluted.  4 teams are tied at 7-3 with FlyIggles and Isawred slightly ahead on points over daweasle and Bayou Bad Boys.  Isawred has the easiest (statistically speaking) week 11 matchup with Bayou having the toughest.  High point team barring unforeseen catastrophe should also come from these teams.  Iggles (1310.55 points) is up 29.3 over Isawred (1280.75 points).  Isawred is up 16.9 over daweasle (1263.85 points).  Isawred is also up 53.7 over Bayou (1227.05 points).

Bracket 6:
And, I thought bracket 5 was confusing.  5 teams are tied at 6-4.  Not one of the top 5 teams (record wise) plays each other in week 11.  Ricky and the Deuce (1271.95 points), JLine (1254.15 points), and Wrecking Crew (1244.65) seem to hold their own destiny as they lead comfortably in points over Spiguy (1183.15 points) and El Hombre (1121.2 points).  Statistically, Wreck has an edge over Ricky and JLine in that he plays the second lowest scoring team in the bracket.  Ricky and JLine (who are 1st and 4th respectively) in points for this bracket face up against the 3rd and 2nd highest scoring teams in NJ Turnpike (1258.2 points) and SoCal (1261.1 points).  Only 27.3 points separate 1st (Ricky at 1271.95) from fifth (Wreck at 1244.65).  This is gonna get innerestin'.

As average weekly points plays a significant role in the playoffs, the top weekly average score should come down to 3 teams.  Through week 10, bracket 1's dugr19 (147.13) has a slight lead over bracket 2's Mayhan75 (145.51), and bracket 4's Lone Wolf (141.42).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:07 pm 

Nice write up...I am surprised that I am that close. Here's to hoping all the other guys in Bracket 6 lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:32 am 

I can't remember if we did this or not next year... I know WCOFF sets aside a number of wild card entrees for the "prize" pool weeks (it's about half of the 2nd place teams that gain entree) and I was wondering if we were planning on doing the same thing in this format, or are we only taking the 5 division championship winners?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 pm 

Was planning on just the 5 Bracket champs...maybe we can look at that for next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:28 am 

GO ALD!!! Image

I've been watching his team from afar and have to say he's earned a shot at the title. Image

Good Luck Al!!! Image

H.O.P.E. -Indianapolis WildCats- Owner
Blitz 1.0 -Mustard Tigers- Owner
ImageFollow Me On twitter.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:01 am 

Would like to congratulate all the playoff teams on their great season.  Next year I will have learned a lot about this and hope to move up.  It was a fun first season for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:41 pm 

Jesus Dugr... how the freak did you end up with that lineup.  I really liked my chances before I saw the team you put out there every week.  Pretty d@ng sick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:01 pm 

Took advantage of others drafting qb's early.  Got lucky on Marshall's suspension being only 1 game.  And, haven't been to badly affected by the injury bug.  However, if Westbrook doesn't heal soon, I'm f'ed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:31 am 

Congrats to circelli17, Lone Wolf, isawred 77, and Wrecking_Crew for making it to the bracket championship.  I'm sure one of us will make a fine representative in next year's WCOFF.

Standings as I have it to begin the championship run:

1.  dugr19 - 299.70 points
2.  Lone Wolf - 286.73 points
3.  circelli17 - 279.43 points
4.  Wrecking_Crew - 271.13 points
5.  isawred77 - 259.83 points

Here are some tidbits about the remaining team rosters:

QB - Kurt Warner is on 3 of the five teams.  Cutler is on two.  Circelli and dug have the same quarterbacks.  The year to date #1 through #4 point scoring qb's are on rosters.  Brees and Rodgers are on one team.  Eli is on another.  Delhomme and Favre are also on one team.

RB - Forte, Jacobs, and possibly Mo Morris are the only starting rb's on multiple rosters (2x each).  3 back up rb's are on multiple rosters too (Bradshaw, Mi. Bush, F. Jackson each on two teams).  18 different rb's are on only one team.  Only on one team rb's include Westy, MJD, Addai, Gore, Barber, and Ward. 

WR - AJ is on 3 teams.  Welker is on 2.  The only other wr's that are on multiple rosters appear to be no better than a wr 3/4 option.  They include Mark Bradley, Chris Chambers, and Matt Jones (each on 2 teams.)  24 different wr's are on only one team.  Only on one team wr's include Marshall, S. Moss, Cotchery, Fitz, R. Moss, Wayne, R. White, Boldin, and Megatron.

TE - Carlson and Scaife are each on two rosters.  They are the only ones that match up.  Scaife almost assuredly won't play for one team as he is their third option.  7 different te's are on only one team.

K & D -  Every team has a different kicker and defense. 

Good luck to everyone.

P.S. - George, do you know when the championship bracket will be up on the site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:54 am 

Looks like Roseanne and Nell Carter are warming up their vocals.