FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: sexy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:47 pm 

sexydexy wrote:
I can't speak for the other 4 teams but I know Warsaw and myself (since we are buds) have had extenuating circumstances the last 2 months.

I've been in this league since its inception and have always been on top of it. I don't think FATAL is dying...2009 has just been a rough year for just about everyone, I would imagine.

If you guys don't want to give leniency, I say fine because we did miss the deadline. However, I will say that this is by far my favorite league and I would not be willing to accept it going under.

I'm sorry...I haven't been able to concentrate on football lately as much as I would have liked to. I love football but for god's sake, sometimes things just come up beyond our control.
I Aggree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:03 pm 

ok - so what do we do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 pm 

First, I am just back from a long, wet weekend camping with my family and some friends, and am just now catching up on this fourm, so I apologize for not having thrown in my 2 cents before now, though they are probably worth about 1 cent considering the pace at we're printing money.

Second, I see my eyes skipped ahead one column in posting Robiskie's salary, which puts me in a bit of a quandry. The reason I contracted him for 4 years was because I saw the lower salary amount and figured I was willing to gamble that much, but not more. Nonetheless, I said I was contracting him for 4 years so if I'm stuck, I'm stuck. He won't be anywhere near the first rookie WR to drain my cap for an extra 3 years.

As to our present dilemma, having read what's been said but not having tracked who said what, I take no issue with any of the arguments pro or con. They all have merit and a basis in logic. I can live with either result.

I guess we need to decide real quick if we want to put this to a vote, and then have said vote. The season starts in 3 days.

I guess I'm mildly in favor of having a vote of the teams who were in compliance as to whether to have a do-over with a new deadline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:02 pm 

Why don't we just put it to a vote here on the forum?

There are 9 teams that got contracts in (one team decided not to do contracts).

Why don't you guys just vote on the forum since Wreck seems to be a bit afk this week?

That way we can tally up the votes and move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:07 pm 

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I don't think a bunch of members can just up and start voting on stuff without the league commissioner being involved, regardless of whether he has any stake in the outcome.

Post subject: Poll Created on MFL
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 am 

After reading the posts on the message board, I have created a poll, please vote ASAP - on the league web site:

Quote:
Newest League PollRookie Contracts for teams who missed the deadline
Yes - since there were so many teams everyone can post there contracts: -
No - deadline was known well enough ahead of time that even those with unfortunate circumstances near the deadline could have had them posted well before those circumstances arose - also the integrity of the league won't be affected, more value for UFA: -
Only those teams with true hardship issues at the deadline should have their contracts accepted - if voting for this option, please email the teams you feel meet this criteria: -
Total Votes: 0
By Commissioner - Open Until Wed Sep 16 7:00:00 a.m. ET 2009 (More Polls)

http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2009/options?L=18671&O=69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:12 am 

sexydexy wrote:
Why don't we just put it to a vote here on the forum?

There are 9 teams that got contracts in (one team decided not to do contracts).

Why don't you guys just vote on the forum since Wreck seems to be a bit afk this week?

That way we can tally up the votes and move on.

I thought that is what would have happened, but since it didn't, I went a head and created a vote on the MFL site, please vote ASAP.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:44 pm 

Wrecking Crew wrote:
I thought that is what would have happened, but since it didn't, I went a head and created a vote on the MFL site, please vote ASAP.

Thanks,

have voted....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:23 pm 

I have voted. I see 9 votes have been cast but I don't see the results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 pm 

I was number 8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next