FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:23 pm 

These are the contracts I wish(ed) to sign:

1.02 2. Wells, Chris ARI RB (R) 4yrs @ 1.95M
3.08 40. Chung, Patrick NEP S (R) 4yrs @ 625k
3.16 48. Cook, Jared TEN TE (R) 4yrs @ 500k
5.12 76. Ogbonnaya, Chris STL RB (R) (RELEASED - no contract offered)
5.13 77. Foster, Arian HOU RB (R) 4yrs @ 125k
6.02 82. Sidbury, Lawrence ATL DE (R) 4yrs @ 100k

I apologize for the screw up.

Hermitage Havoc

Post subject: Contracts
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:40 pm 

4.01 Louis Delmas Det S 4 years $500.000
2.15 Jarett Dillard Jac WR 4 years $1,050,000

I will drop the rest. Thanks and im sorry for being late.

Johnny Knox Chi WR
Gattrell Johnson SD RB
Javon Ringer Tenn RB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:24 am 

Well I guess everyone knows how I feel already, but if we are going to air it out here, I think if we extend the deadline it is bullshit!
The deadline is and has ALWAYS been 1 week before the beginning of the season.
I dont care if it is 15 teams that missed the deadline. The rules are the rules and everyone knew the rules AND the date BEFORE it was time to submit.
If one guy missed the deadline would we even be discussing this...NO! So what the hell is the difference?
I don't see how it changes anything in the league, if you are not committed enough to follow the rules, then you blew it!
If we allow teams to not follow deadlines, are we going to start allowing teams to submit lineups on Monday? Will we Rerun waivers because a couple teams forgot it was Wednesday, or had to work late, or just had something better to do? If you all answer yes to those questions then I would agree that the Deadline for rookie contracts should be extended.
Hell, why dont we just make rookie contracts due in December?

Apparently I am in the minority here and now probably the black sheep of the league. So flame away, but you know if you did not get your contracts in YOU F'ed up...not me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:47 am 

Twoforme2 wrote:
Well I guess everyone knows how I feel already, but if we are going to air it out here, I think if we extend the deadline it is bullshit!
I dont care if it is 15 teams that missed the deadline. The rules are the rules and everyone knew the rules AND the date BEFORE it was time to submit.
If one guy missed the deadline would we even be discussing this...NO! So what the hell is the difference?
I don't see how it changes anything in the league, if you are not committed enough to follow the rules, then you blew it!
If we allow teams to not follow deadlines, are we going to start allowing teams to submit lineups on Monday? Will we Rerun waivers because a couple teams forgot it was Wednesday, or had to work late, or just had something better to do? If you all answer yes to those questions then I would agree that the Deadline for rookie contracts should be extended.

Apparently I am in the minority here and now probably the black sheep of the league. So flame away, but you know if you did not get your contracts in YOU F'ed up...not me!

Call it like you see it!

Sorry lads, I would err on Twoforme2's side.... I dont however feel passionately enough either way to mount an argument for / against. If put to a vote i'd vote that the deadline wasnt extended....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:53 am 

muddym wrote:
4.01 Louis Delmas Det S 4 years $500.000
2.15 Jarett Dillard Jac WR 4 years $1,050,000

I will drop the rest. Thanks and im sorry for being late.

Johnny Knox Chi WR
Gattrell Johnson SD RB
Javon Ringer Tenn RB

If deadline is extended I might send you an offer for Ringer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 am 

I was one of the ones who started the discussion about extending the deadline. I think having 7 teams not contract rookies is going to screw up the integrity of this format and the league will die. I have been part of FATAL since its inception and I love this format.

But this morning after reading the Quakes post both here and on the MFL site, I've got a different thought. If 7 teams didn't meet the deadline, maybe the time for this league has past. If almost half the league wasn't able to post their rookie contracts by the deadline, for whatever reason - and we all know that the NFL season starts this week no matter what is going on in our lives, maybe it is time to just move on.

I'm in 17 leagues this year in all different formats. So if we let FATAL die, I will have plenty of places to use my FF energies.

I would probably vote to NOT extend the deadline at this point, knowing it will bring us closer to the end of FATAL. But it was the 7 who missed the deadline who made that decision earlier, not those that followed the posted schedule. But I am on the fence as I don't want to see FATAL end.

However, I would be interested in Ringer as well, if the deadline is extended.

How's that for waffling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:25 am 

Twoforme2 wrote:

All valid points, don't expect any flaming from me. Yes, I made the deadline, and yes I chimed in in favor for extending the deadline, to keep the integrity of this league. This is only my second season in FATAL, but one of the reasons I joined was because of the owners that existed in this league.

Anyone who is in other leagues with me (FFPIL, HFI, Blitz, etc) knows that I'm usually the first person to ruffle feathers by quoting the rule book, and usually the first to piss people off because of it. In this situation, however, I guess my initial decision to extend the deadline was in part because of what Frosted Flake just posted: The integrity of the league, and not wanting to see FATAL turn into just another league. I feel I did my part, and I'm aware that "real life" issues come up, but I also agree with the Quakes when he said that if it was only one team who missed the deadline, we wouldn't be discussing this.

We need an official vote on this, only open to the 9 owners who actually made the deadline. For now, I am officially riding the fence on this issue again. My initial feelings about the integrity of the league are still there, but if 7 owners don't care about it, then why should I be throwing that around as an argument?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:24 am 

Actually the number 7 keeps being thrown around, but I believe it is 6 teams. I knew the deadline came and went and did not post any, because I puposefully traded out of any possibility of any rookie contracts this year.

Post subject: Me To
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 am 

Twoforme2 wrote:

Yea hes right i screwed up, thats why we have rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:58 pm 

I can't speak for the other 4 teams but I know Warsaw and myself (since we are buds) have had extenuating circumstances the last 2 months.

I've been in this league since its inception and have always been on top of it. I don't think FATAL is dying...2009 has just been a rough year for just about everyone, I would imagine.

If you guys don't want to give leniency, I say fine because we did miss the deadline. However, I will say that this is by far my favorite league and I would not be willing to accept it going under.

I'm sorry...I haven't been able to concentrate on football lately as much as I would have liked to. I love football but for god's sake, sometimes things just come up beyond our control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next