FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:50 am 

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was involved this year (and even those who couldn't due to hurricanes and etc.). Even though the league got off to a slow start and the trash talking was limited, I enjoyed the year.

Does anyone know how the playoffs are being formatted? Who is in, who is out?

Good luck to everyone who made the playoffs (unless you're playing me) and good season to those that didn't quite get there.

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:27 am 

As this was my first time playing IDP, I thoroughly enjoyed the league. I really like the format of this. And, although I would have enjoyed a little more banter, it was still well worth it. Thanks to all who participated and are out. Thanks and good luck to all still in it.

Rev -

Sorry we couldn't get together for our matchup and that we won't meet in the playoffs. But, I thoroughly enjoyed discussing different philosophies on your posts. I hope we can get together regardless.

Nutty -

It looks to me like the odd team/man out for the playoffs is Xplorers/Kruper. He and Fury have the same record, the same record division record, but, lXplorers lost to Fury head to head, have less points than the Fury, and are lower ranked in both the power rankings and w/l matrix.

As far as the format and the set up I don't know. Do the division leaders get the 1-3 seed? I believe this format is similar to the NFL. If so, I would think the seeding is:

1. Riptide - won west division, beat blizzard head to head, but has less total points than blizzard.

2. Blizzard - won south division, lost to riptide head to head, more total points than riptide.

3. Mustangs - won north division, most points scored in league, but worse overall record than Cobras and Avengers.

4. Avengers - second place south division, beat cobras head to head, but less total points than Cobras.

5. Cobras - second place west division, lost to avengers head to head, but has more total points than Cobras.

6. Fury - second place north division, beat xplorers head to head, more points than xplorers, higher w/l matrix ranking than xplorers, higher power ranking than xplorers.

Thus, do the 1-2 teams have byes this week? If so, are the matchups 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5? Or, since the 3 and 6 seeds are in the same division can they not play each other? Only the wise Spiguy knows for certain.

Thanks again to everyone. I had a blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:31 pm 

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>As this was my first time playing IDP, I thoroughly enjoyed the league.  I really like the format of this.  And, although I would have enjoyed a little more banter, it was still well worth it.  Thanks to all who participated and are out.  Thanks and good luck to all still in it.

Rev - 

Sorry we couldn't get together for our matchup and that we won't meet in the playoffs.  But, I thoroughly enjoyed discussing different philosophies on your posts.  I hope we can get together regardless.

Nutty -

It looks to me like the odd team/man out for the playoffs is Xplorers/Kruper.  He and Fury have the same record, the same record division record, but, lXplorers lost to Fury head to head, have less points than the Fury, and are lower ranked in both the power rankings and w/l matrix.

As far as the format and the set up I don't know.  Do the division leaders get the 1-3 seed?  I believe this format is similar to the NFL.  If so, I would think the seeding is:

1. Riptide - won west division, beat blizzard head to head, but has less total points than blizzard.

2. Blizzard - won south division, lost to riptide head to head, more total points than riptide.

3. Mustangs - won north division, most points scored in league, but worse overall record than Cobras and Avengers.

4. Avengers - second place south division, beat cobras head to head, but less total points than Cobras.

5. Cobras - second place west division, lost to avengers head to head, but has more total points than Cobras.

6. Fury - second place north division, beat xplorers head to head, more points than xplorers, higher w/l matrix ranking than xplorers, higher power ranking than xplorers.

Thus, do the 1-2 teams have byes this week?  If so, are the matchups 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5?  Or, since the 3 and 6 seeds are in the same division can they not play each other?  Only the wise Spiguy knows for certain.

Thanks again to everyone.  I had a blast.
[snapback]117742[/snapback]

</div>

Guys, I definitely enjoyed the experience as well. As for play-offs, I have no idea, but perhaps we can get some clues from the NEXFL folks. The rules hsould be the same, although they have more teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:27 am 

Actually, it's the top 8 teams that make the playoffs. See last year's NEXAmerican site for playoff bracket:

<a href='http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2004/home/71164' target='_blank'>NEXAmerican</a>

First round winners advance to NEXFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:07 am 

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>Actually, it's the top 8 teams that make the playoffs.  See last year's NEXAmerican site for playoff bracket:

<a href='http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2004/home/71164' target='_blank'>NEXAmerican</a>

First round winners advance to NEXFL.
[snapback]120852[/snapback]

</div>

Thanks Guido, but since we only had a twelve team league this year, the playoffs were set with 6. The lack of owners at the start did not allow us a 16 team league. The Commish and the owners agreed to go with a 6 team playoff.

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:59 am 

So does that mean that the 4 still left are moving up next year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:04 am 

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>So does that mean that the 4 still left are moving up next year?
[snapback]121058[/snapback]

</div>

I would think so. That's what we did last year. In fact, the picking of available franchises is based upon playoff finish and/or total score during the regular season. I think this is how we did it last year.

1st choice - Highest total scoring league champion (NEXA or NEXN).
2nd choice - The other league champion.
3rd choice - The highest scoring semi-finalist remaining.
4th choice - The remaining semi-finalist.
5th - 8th choices - The four remaining quarter-finalists in descending order of total scoring.