FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:27 am 

gomaddox wrote:
This would fall under the Integrity of the league (not some loophole)...and I'm sure the Owners/GMs have enough integrity not to do something like this...if not, the league has some major issues.

I think the rule should stay the same because you never know if someone involved in a trade might need the roster and they should have the freedom to drop a player to make room for them.

All teams should be encouraged to drop players before the draft and not in the middle of it...but they should be given the flexibility to drop someone if needed.

Ok, maybe S. Jackson is a bit of a stretch and would fall under the integrity of the league, which I do not question. However, if I dropped Stew Bradley, who we franchised and is now out for the year. If I drop him now his salary would drop to $850,000 if picked up during the RFA. If dropped and picked up during waivers, his salary sticks for next year. Then the other issue is can a team cut a player and subsequently pick him back up in the RFA? Integrity big time!

Just something to ponder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm 

CFLrejects wrote:
Ok, maybe S. Jackson is a bit of a stretch and would fall under the integrity of the league, which I do not question. However, if I dropped Stew Bradley, who we franchised and is now out for the year. If I drop him now his salary would drop to $850,000 if picked up during the RFA. If dropped and picked up during waivers, his salary sticks for next year. Then the other issue is can a team cut a player and subsequently pick him back up in the RFA? Integrity big time!

Just something to ponder.

Why would his salary stick? The team adding him off of waivers did not pay him the salary or trade for him (including the salary). I thought all players added through waivers had a $0 salary.

IV. D. 10.
Free agents acquired through the waivers process are deemed to have 1-year, zero dollar contracts for cap and contract-limits purposes. Free agents acquired through the waivers process may be RFA’d using the process defined in section IV.B.5 to determine the applicable salary level.

IV. B. 5.
5. If a player acquired through waivers (and thus, does not have a salary level for the proceeding season) is desired to be RFA’d the following season, a base salary figure for said player will be determined by the average of the base salaries (not influenced by any signing bonus involved) paid to the players immediately preceding and immediately following that player in the order those players finished at their position the previous season.
EXAMPLE: Player “A” was acquired through waivers and finished 7th in scoring at his position. That player’s “salary” value for RFA purposes will be determined by the average of the base salaries paid to the players that finished 6th and 8th in scoring for that position. If the player that finished 6th had a salary of $3Mil and the player that finished 8th had a salary of $2.5Mil, the salary figure (for RFA purposes) would be set at the average between the two of $2.75Mil.

[color="Red"]Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

FFPIL - [color="Green"]Plattsburgh Platypi - GM[/color]
NFFL - [color="Blue"]Calvary Freaks[/color]
UFCL - [color="Orange"]Freaks[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:21 pm 

For some reason I thought that if you pick up a player with an existing salary that the salary stays for RFA'ing the player but that is probably one of my other leagues, so I am getting these jumbled.

No problem, thanks for the update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:27 pm 

go2extrems wrote:
Why would his salary stick? The team adding him off of waivers did not pay him the salary or trade for him (including the salary). I thought all players added through waivers had a $0 salary.

IV. D. 10.
Free agents acquired through the waivers process are deemed to have 1-year, zero dollar contracts for cap and contract-limits purposes. Free agents acquired through the waivers process may be RFA’d using the process defined in section IV.B.5 to determine the applicable salary level.

IV. B. 5.
5. If a player acquired through waivers (and thus, does not have a salary level for the proceeding season) is desired to be RFA’d the following season, a base salary figure for said player will be determined by the average of the base salaries (not influenced by any signing bonus involved) paid to the players immediately preceding and immediately following that player in the order those players finished at their position the previous season.
EXAMPLE: Player “A” was acquired through waivers and finished 7th in scoring at his position. That player’s “salary” value for RFA purposes will be determined by the average of the base salaries paid to the players that finished 6th and 8th in scoring for that position. If the player that finished 6th had a salary of $3Mil and the player that finished 8th had a salary of $2.5Mil, the salary figure (for RFA purposes) would be set at the average between the two of $2.75Mil.

Actually this was ruled upon after last season's RFA auction declarations (The Roddy White issue). As soon as a player is given a salary, that salary follows him for RFA purposes. The above bolded section refers to players that were never acquired via auction or draft and thus have no salary assigned to them. The language NEEDS to be cleaned up, but still hasn't...

CLB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:25 pm 

chrislabarge wrote:
Actually this was ruled upon after last season's RFA auction declarations (The Roddy White issue). As soon as a player is given a salary, that salary follows him for RFA purposes. The above bolded section refers to players that were never acquired via auction or draft and thus have no salary assigned to them. The language NEEDS to be cleaned up, but still hasn't...

CLB

Thanks for the clarification.

Now, if we could get a ruling on leftover salary cap funds being added to waiver funds, that would be great. :hmmm:

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 pm 

go2extrems wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.

Now, if we could get a ruling on leftover salary cap funds being added to waiver funds, that would be great. :hmmm:

I don't recall discussing a rule change in this area, but that doesn't mean much. I assumed it was still rolled over into in-season waiver wire funds. Is anyone gonna answer this question officially? Been hanging on here for quite a while.

CLB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 pm 

chrislabarge wrote:
I don't recall discussing a rule change in this area, but that doesn't mean much. I assumed it was still rolled over into in-season waiver wire funds. Is anyone gonna answer this question officially? Been hanging on here for quite a while.

CLB

Sorry, not an owner, but I remember this issue, so I'm adding my 2 cents.

This was an issue last year, as well. For some reason, the rules about adding the extra cap amount had a strikethrough, but nobody knew why. Here is the link, and quote, from George from last year ( 8/31/2008):

Waiver Cap Amounts

Quote:
Not sure why that is struck thru but the latest version of the rules I have it is not...I have updated the cap dollars. Keep in mind that if you had 770,000 left then it goes to 700k not 800k. I'm not giving free money.

So everyone knows, the bidding money is based on 10m but i dropped the last 3 0's for simplicity...so 10000 is the same as 10m...next year we might as well drop it to 10000.

Since there was no rule changes this year (atleast, not according to this forum, which is the official forum of the league), this should still be the rule in place. Granted, as I'm not an owner, there may have been some sort of vote that I'm unaware of, but this link is the only trace of the rule that can be found.

As a side note, the official rules of this league as posted on the mfl site are in horrible shape, and need to be updated. The Rookie Draft Chart is one year out of date, and the teams and owner list, along with the LLG, isn't even up to date. An issue such as WW funds that was brought up one year ago has still not been changed in the rules document, even though an official decision was made last year; It would be nice if this could be updated, so that we don't have to keep asking these questions in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 pm 

:peak:

So...uh...:hmmm:

Do salary cap leftovers become available for waiver funds? :confused:

:dunno:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:59 am 

Please, please...PLEASE can we have an answer to this!

:shock: