FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:48 pm 

I've heard from a few of the more active members of the Steel staff and unfortunately none of them are going to participate this season. I myself was on the fence to begin with but was willing to keep it going for their sake. Since their interest is vacant, I'm giving up my franchise here in FFPIL. Please consider the Bethlehem Steel available.

Thanks for a fun ride. I will truly miss this league.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am 

Yes, unfortunately, the Philadelphia War Eagles will be unable to return as well. I've heard from each staff member and life simply continues to get in the way for each of us. So perhaps it comes at a good time while the league is "on hold". Best of luck to the remaining teams this year

[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]Senior Editor, FantasyFootball.com[/SIZE][/color]

Follow me on TWITTER and Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:39 am 

Just to update...
The following teams have checked in and have some staff in place:
Oklahoma
Plattsburgh
Capitol City
Louisiana
Kansas City
Grim
Motor City
Maryland
Washington
Manhattan
Dakota

Teams open for new ownership:
Bethlehem
Scranton
Philadelphia

Teams yet to check in:
Sin City
Columbus

And we haven't heard squat from league management except one snide email from Craig Davis. :wallbash:

If anyone wants to take the lead on creating a new league on MFL, we can probably fill the five open teams. I haven't commissioned an MFL league, or I would do it myself. I have little hope that FFPIL will be around any longer.:(

[color="Red"]Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

FFPIL - [color="Green"]Plattsburgh Platypi - GM[/color]
NFFL - [color="Blue"]Calvary Freaks[/color]
UFCL - [color="Orange"]Freaks[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:39 pm 

go2extrems wrote:
Just to update...

Teams open for new ownership:
Bethlehem
Scranton
Philadelphia

Teams yet to check in:
Sin City
Columbus

11 teams in.
2 MIA
3 out.

plus the roster "depth" of some of the 11 are near skeletons...
Any chance of league contractions to 12?
If so, should we make all of the 4 teams players FAs?...since it's the "perfect" time since there are so many top quality players that are FAs already. If it was done when most players were under contract, it would unfairly benefit those few with extra cap dollars.

Also if contraction is an option, with so many players FAs, it could be a good time to restart from the beginning and put everyone on even footings.

We've already lost 3 full staffs and other squads having only 2-3 people...plus there doesn't seem to be too many possible replacements around...can we afford to strip a few members from the remaining teams to staff the 3 that are gone (possible 5 teams)?

edit: Isn't it ironic that in the rules, Ownership is suppose to be made up from Staff Members in order to give the teams & league more "Stability" yet the Staff has had the greatest turnover making the league & franchises more unstable? (w/franchises moving after every new staff owner)....yet many members have been here the longest and have the most stable teams (Manhattan, Sin City, Grim, Louis Swamp)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm 

Sounds like its time to move on, guys. All of us are involved and connected in multiple leagues. Perhaps we should just concentrate on them and call it a wrap on the 'PIL.

Quite frankly, I was probably going to call it quits this year and the many questions marks coming in just make it easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 am 

I'm willing to give it a go and willing to be a commissioner with some help from others. Also, like the contraction idea if necessary. Would like to avoid hitting the reset button if possible, but willing to do so to keep the league running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am 

Would like to see this league alive an kicking soon. Any new news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 am 

Unfortunately, I fear the FFPIL has found a common ancestor.

RIP FFPIL

It was fun while it lasted.

:thanks: for the memories.

[SIZE="1"]If anyone decides to start up a similar league, please email me at go2extrems@yahoo.com or send me a PM. I don't know that I'll be around here much anymore. The FFPIL was my last tie to FF.com.[/SIZE]

[color="Red"]Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

FFPIL - [color="Green"]Plattsburgh Platypi - GM[/color]
NFFL - [color="Blue"]Calvary Freaks[/color]
UFCL - [color="Orange"]Freaks[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm 

go2extrems wrote:
Unfortunately, I fear the FFPIL has found a common ancestor.

RIP FFPIL

It was fun while it lasted.

:thanks: for the memories.

[SIZE="1"]If anyone decides to start up a similar league, please email me at go2extrems@yahoo.com or send me a PM. I don't know that I'll be around here much anymore. The FFPIL was my last tie to FF.com.[/SIZE]

Thanks for the ride fellas- It was a great time while it lasted. Best of luck to all in your future endeavors!:cool2::thanks:

BigTD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:06 am 

gomaddox wrote:
11 teams in.
2 MIA
3 out.

plus the roster "depth" of some of the 11 are near skeletons...
Any chance of league contractions to 12?
If so, should we make all of the 4 teams players FAs?...since it's the "perfect" time since there are so many top quality players that are FAs already. If it was done when most players were under contract, it would unfairly benefit those few with extra cap dollars.

Also if contraction is an option, with so many players FAs, it could be a good time to restart from the beginning and put everyone on even footings.

We've already lost 3 full staffs and other squads having only 2-3 people...plus there doesn't seem to be too many possible replacements around...can we afford to strip a few members from the remaining teams to staff the 3 that are gone (possible 5 teams)?

edit: Isn't it ironic that in the rules, Ownership is suppose to be made up from Staff Members in order to give the teams & league more "Stability" yet the Staff has had the greatest turnover making the league & franchises more unstable? (w/franchises moving after every new staff owner)....yet many members have been here the longest and have the most stable teams (Manhattan, Sin City, Grim, Louis Swamp)!

Amen brother. Truly sad because our staff really worked hard last season toward building a contender in 2010.
Thank you FF.com for making this possible. Truly, thank you. Thanks a lot.
Fantasy Football Premium Invitational League. Members make the organization. At least some were premium.

Why?...........................................................
................................................See you guys. Be safe. Be good.

Leagues:
FFPIL - [color="Green"]Louisiana Swamp Dragons[/color] - GM
Ultimate Fantasy Football League (Dynasty) - [color="DarkOrange"]Armpits of UFFL[/color] (aka : Cajun Critters)
New Blood Dynasty League - [color="SeaGreen"]Swamp Rats[/color]
Cradle To Grave FFL - College/Pro Hybrid Keeper - [color="RoyalBlue"]Mutant Mutts[/color]
Blitz Invitational 2 - All IDP - [color="Red"]Goal Line Guardians[/color]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next