FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:40 am 

are we going to be keeping the same structure, but try and fill positions for the people who left the site?

or are we going to go with a whole new league and redo everything from scratch?

ImageImageImage

Leagues:
[color="Red"]Homer Trophy League[/color] - http://www3.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/18427
[color="Olive"]BTR FSC Analysis League[/color] - http://www4.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/53822
[color="Teal"]Fever Charity League[/color] - http://www17.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/71588
[color="Purple"]Purple Thoughts Dynasty FFL[/color] - http://www12.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/29333
[color="Navy"]Extreme Dynasty[/color] - http://www17.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/31949
[color="DarkRed"]T.R.O.F.F.[/color] - http://www12.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/47042
[color="Sienna"]N.F.F.L.[/color] - http://www9.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/13466
[color="Indigo"]F.F.P.I.L.[/color] - http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/15985

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:04 am 

Greg Brosh wrote:
are we going to be keeping the same structure, but try and fill positions for the people who left the site?

Are there unmanned teams right now? It seems like there is someone running every team in the league. If you mean the coaching hierarchy and such, it might make sense to reconsider. Having a staff of up to six people hasn't worked for us. It has mainly been myself and one other person running the Platypi for the last three years. Granted, we haven't scoured the FF.com boards to bring more involved people on board, but this league is not the showpiece it was a few years ago either.

Greg Brosh wrote:
or are we going to go with a whole new league and redo everything from scratch?

I really hope we don't go this route. I can't speak for everyone, but I have put a lot of time and thought into building a team that will be competitive not just this year but also in future years.

Besides, I am really looking forward to next year. All of the veterans signed to 3-year contracts in our inaugural season become free agents, restricted or unrestricted.

:thumbup:
Finally, I really like the way the league is built as a keeper/contract league. I haven't found another like it and hope it continues.
:twocents:
:thanks:

[color="Red"]Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

FFPIL - [color="Green"]Plattsburgh Platypi - GM[/color]
NFFL - [color="Blue"]Calvary Freaks[/color]
UFCL - [color="Orange"]Freaks[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 am 

I agree about bringing on new, fresh members to the league. I haven't been very active on these boards but it seems as if there are many individuals who are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 pm 

I agree that we should keep the league and try to recruit some new members. Staff requirements need to be examined. Theorectically, Motor City has 3 people on staff now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:48 pm 

By unmanned he means that there are 2 teams supposedly being run by people that have left the site and will not be returning as owners next year. During the offseason will we probably need to look at the staffing stuff. The league will still be here dont worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 pm 

Spiguy wrote:
By unmanned he means that there are 2 teams supposedly being run by people that have left the site and will not be returning as owners next year. During the offseason will we probably need to look at the staffing stuff. The league will still be here dont worry.

:cheer:

Also, nothing against my current owner, but if a team becomes available for ownership, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.:thumbup:

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:18 am 

I previously played in HAFA as a DC. Is the structure different now? I don't understand the interest in being a team owner as they can't have a coaching role if memory serves. Or can they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:42 am 

Grimmett wrote:
I previously played in HAFA as a DC. Is the structure different now? I don't understand the interest in being a team owner as they can't have a coaching role if memory serves. Or can they?

You are correct that an owner is not allowed to also have a coordinator or coaching role, under the current structure. They can however be the GM. That's the role I like. I enjoy building a team and don't mind letting the lineup decisions be decided by someone else.

From the League rules:
B. Team Governance: Roles and responsibilities
1. Owner (see also section “I.D. Ownership requirements” above.)
a. Is the primary and final authority for the team.
b. Hires Staff, Fires Staff and Assigns responsibilities to Staff at his sole discretion.
c. Directs day-to-day operations.
d. Can own and act as GM, but may not be a coach or coordinator.
e. Has the authority to hire and fire for their respective franchise.
f. Can execute a trade without the consent of any subordinate staff members.
g. May delegate some or all of his responsibilities to his GM, except that all trades MUST be approved by the owner and the ability to hire and fire staff is exclusively reserved for the owner.

2. General Manager (GM): can be GM and Head Coach, but may not be a coordinator. Reports to the owner.
(2.) Responsible for all player acquisition to include the draft, the auction and free agency.
g. Responsible for establishing and managing the team’s player acquisition budget
h. Responsible for ensuring the team is not in violation of the league salary cap and contract-years limitation.
i. Responsible for ensuring the team is not in violation of the league’s roster limits, either below minimum, or above maximum.
j. Responsible for all Franchise and Restricted Free Agent tags.
c. May initiate and discuss trade possibilities with other staffs (may not complete a trade without owner approval).
c. May delegate some or all of his responsibilities to his Head Coach.
e. Any other duties designated by the Franchise Owner.

3. Head Coach (HC): may also serve as one (1) coordinator. Reports to the GM.
a. Oversees all activities by the Coordinators, and has the authority to overrule their decisions.
b. Submits input to the GM concerning players desired in all player acquisition functions.
c. Responsible for submitting weekly lineups for the team.
d. Responsible for providing weekly input to the GM concerning waiver wire and/or trade requests.
f. May discuss trade possibilities with other staffs (may not complete trade), as directed by the owner or GM.
e. Any other duties designated by the Franchise Owner or GM.

4. Offensive Coordinator: reports to the HC.
a. Responsible for the offensive squad (QB, RB, WR, TE & PK).
b. Provides the Head Coach with a Rookie Offensive Player
Ranking before each Rookie Draft.
c. Submits a starting lineup for the offensive every week to the Head Coach.
d. Responsible for providing weekly offensive waiver wire and/or trade requests to the Head Coach.
e. May discuss trade possibilities with other staffs (may not complete trade), as directed by the owner, GM or HC.
f. Responsible for recommending tag application for offensive players.
g. Any other duties designated by the Franchise Owner, GM or HC.

5. Defensive Coordinator: reports to the HC.
a. Responsible for the defensive squad (DL, LB & DB).
b. Provides the Head Coach with a Rookie Defensive Player Ranking before each Rookie Draft.
c. Sets the defensive depth chart and provides it to the Head Coach.
d. Responsible for providing weekly defensive waiver wire and/or trade requests to the Head Coach.
e. May discuss trade possibilities with other staffs (may not complete trade), as directed by the owner, GM or HC.
f. Responsible for recommending tag application for defensive players.
g. Any other duties designated by the Franchise Owner, GM or HC.

6. Unofficial Staff: Teams may (at the owner’s discretion) choose to employ other staff (such as a “scout”), but these positions are not official FFPIL positions and, as such, are not subject to compensation for their loss if hired away by another team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:04 pm 

Spiguy wrote:
By unmanned he means that there are 2 teams supposedly being run by people that have left the site and will not be returning as owners next year.....

:doh: :tumbleweed:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 am 

:nono:

ZIP IT!!!

go2extrems wrote:
Are there unmanned teams right now? It seems like there is someone running every team in the league. If you mean the coaching hierarchy and such, it might make sense to reconsider. Having a staff of up to six people hasn't worked for us. It has mainly been myself and one other person running the Platypi for the last three years. Granted, we haven't scoured the FF.com boards to bring more involved people on board, but this league is not the showpiece it was a few years ago either.

I really hope we don't go this route. I can't speak for everyone, but I have put a lot of time and thought into building a team that will be competitive not just this year but also in future years.

Besides, I am really looking forward to next year. All of the veterans signed to 3-year contracts in our inaugural season become free agents, restricted or unrestricted.

:thumbup:
Finally, I really like the way the league is built as a keeper/contract league. I haven't found another like it and hope it continues.
:twocents:
:thanks: