FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 am 

Go get 'em Reb. :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 pm 

I think Manhattans all around would be the perfect drink this week.

Congrats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:06 pm 

The rumors of my demise are premature, but only barely. Nurses at the hospital where I had my quintuple bypass surgery done (January '09) tried to kill me.... twice. They tell me I was awake & talking; doing fine the day after surgery (but I don't remember any of that), until a nurse came in and added a bag to my IV and I went into respiratory arrest shortly afterwords. That bag contained Dilaudid, a pain-killer which is NOT supposed to be administered along with other pain meds, as it can cause breathing problems (as I readily can attest to), and I was already on a pain-pump when they gave it to me. :nono2:

They knocked me out & put me back on the respirator.... but forgot to turn it ON! :wallbash: Took them another SIX DAYS to finally get me breathing on my own again.

2 months to the day after surgery (March '09) I finally went back to work.... and was promptly laid off. :rant:

My dog bled out & died in my bathroom in June. My girlfriend of 4 years dumped me on Halloween. I've had 3 job interviews for jobs I was absolutely perfect for, until they saw that I have the wrong hair color.... gray.

Now it's April of 2010 & I'm still unemployed. My unemployment is running out later this month, but not quite soon enough to qualify for Tier-3 benefits, so unless Congress come back from vacation & extends the dates for Tier-3 benefits (gonna miss the current deadline for exhaustion of benefits by ~2 weeks), it looks like I'll be falling through the cracks in the unemployment system with zip for income pretty soon. :tombstone:

Still haven't figured out exactly "why" my life has turned into a country song. :dunno: Strangely enough, in the midst of all this gloom & doom, I have managed to find myself a new girlfriend who is spoiling the hell out of me.... go figure.

Reb :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 pm 

Man Reb, I'm sorry to read about all your troubles. It sounds you're about due for a big boatload of good luck. I'll add you to my prayers. Hang in there!

[color="Red"]Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.[/color]

FFPIL - [color="Green"]Plattsburgh Platypi - GM[/color]
NFFL - [color="Blue"]Calvary Freaks[/color]
UFCL - [color="Orange"]Freaks[/color]

Post subject: I'm still alive....
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:32 am 

...even if the FFPIL isn't. :tumbleweed:

Still no job or income. Looks like AGE is now a certified disability where finding a job is concerned. My body has gone to complete sh*t since my heart surgery.... herniated disc, torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders (plus "severe" arthritis") and tears in both hip sockets. Got artery blockages going to my legs, but no insurance to deal with them..... pretty much exactly where I was this time last year. :crazy:

FF wasn't good for me last year either, as I restricted myself to "only" playing in my old home-boy league last yer & most of my team was on the IR by week-3. The worst part was that the league's most obnoxious owner won it all again for the 7th time. :voodoo:

Not complaining though; I'm still on the sunny side of the grass, so that's a plus. I outlasted bin Laden, so it ain't ALL bad. :getsome:

Hope everyone is doing well & reasonably happy.

Reb :DeadHorse:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:56 pm 

My oh My

I come to the forums for the first time in months and am greeted by the legend, the venerable Reb himself.

Sorry to hear about all your parts giving out. But glad to hear from you.
Keep your chin up. See ya around.

GWK

Leagues:
FFPIL - [color="Green"]Louisiana Swamp Dragons[/color] - GM
Ultimate Fantasy Football League (Dynasty) - [color="DarkOrange"]Armpits of UFFL[/color] (aka : Cajun Critters)
New Blood Dynasty League - [color="SeaGreen"]Swamp Rats[/color]
Cradle To Grave FFL - College/Pro Hybrid Keeper - [color="RoyalBlue"]Mutant Mutts[/color]
Blitz Invitational 2 - All IDP - [color="Red"]Goal Line Guardians[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:26 pm 

rebel wrote:
...even if the FFPIL isn't. :tumbleweed:

Still no job or income. Looks like AGE is now a certified disability where finding a job is concerned. My body has gone to complete sh*t since my heart surgery.... herniated disc, torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders (plus "severe" arthritis") and tears in both hip sockets. Got artery blockages going to my legs, but no insurance to deal with them..... pretty much exactly where I was this time last year. :crazy:

FF wasn't good for me last year either, as I restricted myself to "only" playing in my old home-boy league last yer & most of my team was on the IR by week-3. The worst part was that the league's most obnoxious owner won it all again for the 7th time. :voodoo:

Not complaining though; I'm still on the sunny side of the grass, so that's a plus. I outlasted bin Laden, so it ain't ALL bad. :getsome:

Hope everyone is doing well & reasonably happy.

Reb :DeadHorse:

Nice to see you walking the halls here again Reb! Hope things improve for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 am 

geewhizkid wrote:
My oh My

I come to the forums for the first time in months and am greeted by the legend, the venerable Reb himself.

Legend? :dunno: Heh, if a qualification for being a "legend" is being really freakin' OLD, I've definitely got that part down in spades! :snicker:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:17 pm 

rebel wrote:
Legend? :dunno: Heh, if a qualification for being a "legend" is being really freakin' OLD, I've definitely got that part down in spades! :snicker:

You'll always be a Legend in my book, Reb.

Just had to stop and grab one more drink in here, haven't been by in a long while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 pm 

Yergsword wrote:
You'll always be a Legend in my book, Reb.

Just had to stop and grab one more drink in here, haven't been by in a long while.

Don't forget to turn off the lights when you leave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285  Next