FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dynasty league trade
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:32 pm 

I am in a 10 team dynasty league and have a trade question. i have been offered roy williams and the #5 pick in the 2009 rookie only draft for the #3 pick. My roster:
Qb: Brady, Rivers, Campbell
Rb: LT, Lynch, J.Jewis, K. Faulk.
Wr: R.Moss, Jennings, R.White, Bess, Floyd, chambers.
TE: Witten, O.Daniels.

We start 1Qb, 2RB, 3Wr, 1 Te.  PPR   Rb's 2pts per rec and Wr and Te 3pts per rec.

Would dropping 2 spots in the draft hurt my chances getting a stud rookie Rb? I like the fact i get a young Wr with potential and only move 2 spots but i just don't know.  Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 pm 

I would try to wait and see until after we know who is declaring for the draft but I would probably do the trade. Your moving down only two spots and the potential Roy offers is worth it. There are going to be a ton of great rookie again next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:19 am 

Roy Williams has some upside, but also plenty of risk as he did very little this year in Dallas. If your heart is set on a RB, then 5th may be close tot he cutoff. Really depends on who comes out, who winds up where, etc. If lots of underclassmen come out, you could get a top rookie RB at 5, but if most stay in college, then there may not be a worthy option avaiulable. I'd hold off if you can to see what the draft may bring. You have a good core of WRs and don't have to add Williams, though he could be a nice add. If you have to make the deal sooner than later, I'd probably make it since you should be able to add a top player with the 5th pick, even if it wasn't a RB.

Post subject: Re: Dynasty league trade
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 am 

I would try to wait and see until after we know who is declaring for the draft but I would probably do the trade. Your moving down only two spots and the potential Roy offers is worth it. There are going to be a ton of great rookie again next year.