FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:24 pm 

TheLoneRangers wrote:
enjoy not having a top flight NFL qb :beer2:

Gimme a break. McNabb was NEVER going to lead the team to a Super Bowl. It was time to move on. (... past time to move on actually). It's time to find out if Kolb has what it takes or not. Obviously, he's probably not going to win us a Super Bowl in his first season starting, but I look forward to seeing how he performs. Everything I've seen so far says that he is driven and determined to win football games. That by itself will be a refreshing change for Iggles fans who have dealt with a QB who only "sort of" wanted to win for the past 11 years.
:welcome:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 am 

FLY_IGGLES_FLY wrote:
Gimme a break. McNabb was NEVER going to lead the team to a Super Bowl. It was time to move on. (... past time to move on actually). It's time to find out if Kolb has what it takes or not. Obviously, he's probably not going to win us a Super Bowl in his first season starting, but I look forward to seeing how he performs. Everything I've seen so far says that he is driven and determined to win football games. That by itself will be a refreshing change for Iggles fans who have dealt with a QB who only "sort of" wanted to win for the past 11 years.
:welcome:

I'm not an Eagles fan by any stretch but to say the guy "sort of" wanted to win for 11 years is just throwing him under the bus and not exactly paying attention to how he was treated for those years. I hope Kolb plays well cuz you guys(philly fans) won't waste time calling for conVick to take snaps (if he's still even in the league). Kolb will probably have 2 weeks to prove himself to you fans. He'll earn another week if he kills the Lions in week 2. If he can't get 300 and 2 vs the Lions then you guys will be done with him. :doh:

[color="Blue"][SIZE="2"]“A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it”.--Confucius[/SIZE][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 pm 

aggtown wrote:
I'm not an Eagles fan by any stretch but to say the guy "sort of" wanted to win for 11 years is just throwing him under the bus and not exactly paying attention to how he was treated for those years. I hope Kolb plays well cuz you guys(philly fans) won't waste time calling for conVick to take snaps (if he's still even in the league). Kolb will probably have 2 weeks to prove himself to you fans. He'll earn another week if he kills the Lions in week 2. If he can't get 300 and 2 vs the Lions then you guys will be done with him. :doh:

Sorry agg, I didn't mean to offend you. If I knew McNabb was your brother-in-law I would chosen my words more carefully.:snicker:

"How he was treated for those years"???? What did the guy make, about 80 or 90 million dollars over those 11 years? I wish I was "treated" that poorly over an 11 year span. Over that 11 year span, I never once saw or heard him accept legitimate accountability for or get po'd about a loss. In fact, the only time I ever saw him visibly upset on the football field was when he felt like Terrell Owens was trying to steal his precious spotlight. Honestly, through his first 4 or 5 years or so, I was very optimistic about his apparent potential. I was indeed, a McNabb fan, and I stuck by him for a long time. But the maturing process never really happened, and that time is now over.

Sorry, but I watched pretty much every game of his NFL career, and what I believe I saw was a guy who "sort of" wanted to win. If your opinion down there in Texas differs from mine, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :beer2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:04 pm 

aggtown wrote:
... Kolb will probably have 2 weeks to prove himself to you fans. He'll earn another week if he kills the Lions in week 2. If he can't get 300 and 2 vs the Lions then you guys will be done with him. :doh:

:thfunnypost:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:21 pm 

gomaddox wrote:
:thfunnypost:

yuk yuk yuk. :getsome:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:17 pm 

FLY_IGGLES_FLY wrote:
yuk yuk yuk. :getsome:

I sat in the upper tier for a number of years, listened to the talk radio show, I've seen it all...the boo birds will come out.:twocents:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 pm 

gomaddox wrote:
I sat in the upper tier for a number of years, listened to the talk radio show, I've seen it all...the boo birds will come out.:twocents:

I don't necessarily disagree with that. If a team or a player performs poorly or doesn't give 100%, he will undoubtedly get booed in Philadelphia. I won't argue that point. But there are a lot more Eagles fans in Philadelphia than the 100,000 who are at the game. Just because a guy gets booed doesn't mean the whole town has given up on him. It just means that we want him to play better or try harder. Even Donovan McNabb still has fans in Philadelphia, so it simply is not accurate or justified to assume every single sports fan in Philadelphia thinks or acts exactly the same way. But hey, I'm glad it makes every other sports town feel better about themselves to stereotype us and make us their favorite punching bag. :clap:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 pm 

FLY_IGGLES_FLY wrote:
[color="Red"]Sorry agg, I didn't mean to offend you. If I knew McNabb was your brother-in-law I would chosen my words more carefully[/color].:snicker:

"How he was treated for those years"???? What did the guy make, about 80 or 90 million dollars over those 11 years? I wish I was "treated" that poorly over an 11 year span. Over that 11 year span, I never once saw or heard him accept legitimate accountability for or get po'd about a loss. In fact, the only time I ever saw him visibly upset on the football field was when he felt like Terrell Owens was trying to steal his precious spotlight. Honestly, through his first 4 or 5 years or so, I was very optimistic about his apparent potential. I was indeed, a McNabb fan, and I stuck by him for a long time. But the maturing process never really happened, and that time is now over.

Sorry, but I watched pretty much every game of his NFL career, and what I believe I saw was a guy who "sort of" wanted to win. If your opinion down there in Texas differs from mine, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :beer2:

:stirthepot: Offend me?! Man I care so much about Philly and McNabb that I completely forgot about this thread as soon as I submitted my initial reply a few days ago. :snicker:

On a serious note I do wish McNabb was my bro-in-law. That would be too cool. I'd prolly get a residual Audi A8 or something out of that deal. :hi5_boys:

Weeks 4 and 10 should be interesting. I'm not sure why he decided to stay in the division to get spanked by his old team. Oh well maybe you have a point. Maybe he just wants to collect a check until his career is over but to say that's been the case his whole career is just wrong.

I just think that any player in the top 50 best player club (like McNabb over most if not all of his career) got there by proving they wanted to win. If he "sort of" wanted to win then he wouldn't be consistently drafted by round 6 every year in ff leagues over most of his career. :twocents:

[color="Blue"][SIZE="2"]“A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it”.--Confucius[/SIZE][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:08 pm 

aggtown wrote:
:stirthepot: Offend me?! Man I care so much about Philly and McNabb that I completely forgot about this thread as soon as I submitted my initial reply a few days ago. :snicker:

On a serious note I do wish McNabb was my bro-in-law. That would be too cool. I'd prolly get a residual Audi A8 or something out of that deal. :hi5_boys:

Weeks 4 and 10 should be interesting. I'm not sure why he decided to stay in the division to get spanked by his old team. Oh well maybe you have a point. Maybe he just wants to collect a check until his career is over but to say that's been the case his whole career is just wrong.

I just think that any player in the top 50 best player club (like McNabb over most if not all of his career) got there by proving they wanted to win. If he "sort of" wanted to win then he wouldn't be consistently drafted by round 6 every year in ff leagues over most of his career. :twocents:

Sigh... I think we may be arguing semantics here. Certainly, I think every player wants to win each Sunday, to some degree. But I think we may have differing perceptions on what it means to really want to win. As for McNabb being a top 50 fantasy player, isn't it possible he has done that on pure talent and physical ability combined with playing in a QB friendly offense?

BTW, good luck with that Audi. I recommend jet black or metallic silver. :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:38 am 

Steve Sheiner wrote:
Back atcha :neenerneener:
:nono2:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next