FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:46 am 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:08 am
Posts: 24
Location: Radtown, Earth
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>Well you got the 1/2 right (me <img src="/images/emoticons/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ), but CLB and Shawn make up the other 2. Dawson is not involved in the show at this point, but I'm sure we'll have him on from time to time
</div>

Oh sweet, I am definitely calling in on this one if it's you 3 MCing it. <img src="/images/emoticons/smile_devil.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":smile_devil:" border="0" alt="smile_devil.gif" />

_________________
Image
Shock&Awe - Indianapolis Muscle Hamsters - Owner
H.A.F.A. -Indianapolis Sycamores- Owner
H.O.P.E. -Indianapolis WildCats- Owner
Blitz 1.0 -Mustard Tigers- Owner
ImageFollow Me On twitter.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:29 am
Posts: 4
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
45 minutes to kickoff! <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" />
</div>

Tick tick tick..... <img src="/images/emoticons/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

_________________
Image

Week is over, but I still own Falcoholic. :dance:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:04 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:46 am
Posts: 0
Great show <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" /> One hour is too short, so hopefully you can take it to two. If you didn't get a chance to listen tonight, check it out next friday for sure, it's well worth your time if you play in any idp leagues. <img src="/images/emoticons/icon_hammer.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":icon_hammer:" border="0" alt="icon_hammer.gif" />

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:00 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Thanks Wizz... And start asking easier questions! Jordan Dizon vs Paris Lenon... Even Millen doesn't know the answer!

Honestly, I'd love to hear more opinions. It was easily the most fun I've had on the phone in a long time!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:46 am
Posts: 0
Location: Alabama
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
Thanks Wizz... And start asking easier questions! Jordan Dizon vs Paris Lenon... Even Millen doesn't know the answer!

Honestly, I'd love to hear more opinions. It was easily the most fun I've had on the phone in a long time!
</div>

I missed the show, is it available to listen to on-line? <img src="/images/emoticons/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:00 pm
Posts: 7
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
I missed the show, is it available to listen to on-line? <img src="/images/emoticons/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
</div>

<a href="http://www.fantasyfootball.com/articles/free/index.html?article_id=14928" target="_blank">Goal Line Stand IDP Show 8.15</a>

You can play it right from the ff.com page <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" />

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:46 am
Posts: 0
Location: Alabama
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
<a href="http://www.fantasyfootball.com/articles/free/index.html?article_id=14928" target="_blank">Goal Line Stand IDP Show 8.15</a>

You can play it right from the ff.com page <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" />
</div>

I found it....listening right now! good stuff so far... <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" />

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 0
Okay. I'm listening to the show right now.

A few thoughts:

Steve, great job MC'ing the show. Very decent production value. <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" />

Great to hear Chris and Shawn - feel like I know you guys a bit better, which is cool. You both were very articulate and kept the blah blah blah to a minimum.

The discussion about introducing IDP to leagues was very well done. You covered a lot of bases for n00bs - I think that particular discussion was very helpful.

I had no idea ff.com had taken content to these levels - wow. Kind of reminds me of gamespot.com ... a video game site. 5 years ago, they had previews, reviews and screen shots...that's it. Today, Gamespot produces weekly talk shows with special guests from the development community...they have coverage crews that attend big industry events, HD streaming video for every game they cover etc.

No TFO shout-out?!! <img src="/images/emoticons/icon_mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":icon_mad:" border="0" alt="icon_mad.gif" />

<b>One important thing you didn't cover:</b> having IDP increases the variation and strategy of your drafts - very important implication. The drafts on NFL.com (thousands of them) probably mirror one another and are likely highly-predictable. If however, you emphasize IDP to the point where players on that side of the ball can rival the point totals of their counter-parts on offense, then you draft possibilities and flexibilities are blown wide open. For guys who have been playing for years, this is quite meaningful.

But since the show was geared towards n00bs, and you were talking about schemes you should have covered *some* basics like defining 'blind side' versus 'weak side' ... it would have been a good bridge between the topics of 'trying to introduce IDP to leary leagues' to 'basic scheme' discussions. <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" />

gogo, that Keith Rivers question ... <img src="/images/emoticons/nono2.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":nono2:" border="0" alt="nono2.gif" />

Another interesting topic would have been the Bulluck phenomenon last season and how Haynesworth's emergence impacted the perennial stud. It was probably one of the most IDP-significant events last season and it deserved some coverage <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" />

For future shows, you should also talk about movement of guys from team to team (i.e. Zach Thomas) and movement within a scheme (i.e. Adalius Thomas). Also consider the topic of Terrell Suggs as the league's first DELB <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" /> And, that's a nice bridge into IDP nirvana: The Ravens. <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" /> And help guys understand some of the more famous/infamous DCs in the league...explain what they've done in the past, who they've studied under, which explains what they might do in the future. <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" />

Anyways, just blabbing. Very good show guys and I'll be listening next week.

Props.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:00 pm
Posts: 7
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
Okay. I'm listening to the show right now.

A few thoughts:

Steve, great job MC'ing the show. Very decent production value. <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" />

Great to hear Chris and Shawn - feel like I know you guys a bit better, which is cool. You both were very articulate and kept the blah blah blah to a minimum.

The discussion about introducing IDP to leagues was very well done. You covered a lot of bases for n00bs - I think that particular discussion was very helpful.

I had no idea ff.com had taken content to these levels - wow. Kind of reminds me of gamespot.com ... a video game site. 5 years ago, they had previews, reviews and screen shots...that's it. Today, Gamespot produces weekly talk shows with special guests from the development community...they have coverage crews that attend big industry events, HD streaming video for every game they cover etc.

No TFO shout-out?!! <img src="/images/emoticons/icon_mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":icon_mad:" border="0" alt="icon_mad.gif" />

<b>One important thing you didn't cover:</b> having IDP increases the variation and strategy of your drafts - very important implication. The drafts on NFL.com (thousands of them) probably mirror one another and are likely highly-predictable. If however, you emphasize IDP to the point where players on that side of the ball can rival the point totals of their counter-parts on offense, then you draft possibilities and flexibilities are blown wide open. For guys who have been playing for years, this is quite meaningful.

But since the show was geared towards n00bs, and you were talking about schemes you should have covered *some* basics like defining 'blind side' versus 'weak side' ... it would have been a good bridge between the topics of 'trying to introduce IDP to leary leagues' to 'basic scheme' discussions. <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" />

gogo, that Keith Rivers question ... <img src="/images/emoticons/nono2.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":nono2:" border="0" alt="nono2.gif" />

Another interesting topic would have been the Bulluck phenomenon last season and how Haynesworth's emergence impacted the perennial stud. It was probably one of the most IDP-significant events last season and it deserved some coverage <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" />

For future shows, you should also talk about movement of guys from team to team (i.e. Zach Thomas) and movement within a scheme (i.e. Adalius Thomas). Also consider the topic of Terrell Suggs as the league's first DELB <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" /> And, that's a nice bridge into IDP nirvana: The Ravens. <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" /> And help guys understand some of the more famous/infamous DCs in the league...explain what they've done in the past, who they've studied under, which explains what they might do in the future. <img src="/images/emoticons/twocents.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twocents:" border="0" alt="twocents.gif" />

Anyways, just blabbing. Very good show guys and I'll be listening next week.

Props.
</div>



Thanks for the comments, TFO <img src="/images/emoticons/Tiarzvei.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="Tiarzvei.gif" /> <b>Very</b> much appreciated. Our goal with this first show was to introduce the IDP concept, and not get too in depth. We did have some more basic content that we had hoped to get to, but the hour just flew by. Plus, it was nice to get some questions from the chat room.

As we move on, we plan on covering some of the more in depth topics, and also provide some more player specific news and views. Since the show airs on Friday nights, through the season we will be able to give more accurate injury updates, and be able to address more "who to start" questions, and break down some schemes a bit farther.

Any and all ideas and/or questions from the Inmates are appreciated.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:52 am 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:08 am
Posts: 24
Location: Radtown, Earth
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>gogo, that Keith Rivers question ... <img src="/images/emoticons/nono2.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":nono2:" border="0" alt="nono2.gif" /> </div>

<img src="/images/emoticons/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ???

I thought it was a great question for some of the other listeners to get the IDP staff's take on the hot new rookie. Plus, I've got Rivers on 4 of my FF teams now, so sorry bud...... I couldn't help myself. <img src="/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":icon_lol:" border="0" alt="icon_lol.gif" />

_________________
Image
Shock&Awe - Indianapolis Muscle Hamsters - Owner
H.A.F.A. -Indianapolis Sycamores- Owner
H.O.P.E. -Indianapolis WildCats- Owner
Blitz 1.0 -Mustard Tigers- Owner
ImageFollow Me On twitter.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group