The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:09 pm 

This is a Dynasty league. 22 man roster - 14 keepers - 10 team league
(must roster 4 QB, 6 RB, 6 WR, 2 TE, 2 K 2 D/ST)

Current roster

QB: Kaepernick, Tannenhill, Glennon, Foles
RB: Gore(who I just aquired), D. Wilson, MJD, L. Miller, C.Micheals, J. Franklin
WR: Megatron, L. Fitz, R. Cobb, M Williams, K Wright, K. Britt
TE: Witten, J.Thomas

RB is obviously my weak area with Gore being my "best" current option and he is 30 years old.
Due to this being a dynasty league I need to look at things a little differently obviously as most players are on the team who drafted them until they retire or aren't useful anymore. Trading is not simple with this crew of people and with the league rules of position for positoin only you can't bank on making a move.

Long story short. Witten is getting up there and I grabbed Thomas from the waiver wire. He had one big week and has been ok since. I am currently 4th place in my division Top 3 from each Div. make the playoffs. 2nd and 3rd are only 2-2. One of those 2-2 teams are offering me a 1st rounder from next years draft for Thomas.

So my question Thomas really a TE who could turn into a great top tier TE that I could benefit from for many years to come? Is what little success he has had just been a product of the system. Manning is 37 years old much longer is he going to have him throwing to him? A first rounder in a league where 140 players are already rostered looks like minimal waiver quality players, anyone who emerges later and the rookies from the 2014 draft. I am not in tune with next years draft class and whether or not there are RBs or QBs that will help push my team over the hump but....

Should I take the deal? Obviously hurts my depth at TE. Witten hasn't been great so far and Thomas could be my heir apparent for the position....or is he a run of the mill long term?

What do you think?