1st part: Trade review and is it shady/cheating

Here is my previous roster:
QB: Brees, Freeman
HB: Charles, Martin, Ballard, B.Tate
WR: Julio, M.Wallace, K.Britt, A.Roberts, J.Gordon
TE: J.Cook, B.Myers
K: Tucker
DEF: Chicago

I am currently sitting #2 in my 12 team PPR league...I am the commissioner of this league! We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX (W/R/T), K, and DEF! Our playoffs are weeks 14,15,16! Looking at my roster I was ok with starting RB spots and my WR spots...But my flex spot was in flux, one week it would be Britt and another it would be Roberts. Britt has the potential but has not produced! So I thought to myself, I need to capitalize on the fire that Josh Freeman has been burning! So I scrolled thru all the teams rosters! And lo and behold, there was a team that had RG3 on a BYE...So I offered him Freeman, Charles, Roberts, and Cook for Gore, J.Nelson, and J.Finley! Now here is where it looks bad and may come across to some as unethical! This team is ranked #11 at 2-7 on the year...However the top 6 teams go to playoffs and he is still mathematically in the playoff chase...If he were to win out and some teams ahead of go on a losing streak he will be right there...Teams 5-10 are either 5-4 or 3-6...So yes it is still possible for him to go on a run! And with RG3 on a BYE, he needed a QB and Finley was on a BYE so he needed a TE...So we made the deal because it helped us both! And as I figured it would, some other team members are mad now that we agreed on a deal and claim I cheated by trading with a team that is in the lower half of the standings! But to my defense, I argue that until a team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, they are still available for deals b/c they are trying to make a run as well! And let me add that we have a rule in place where those that are in the consolation bracket, whoever wins gets to choose their draft position next year for picks 1-6! That way it eliminates someone purposely tanking to get the #1 pick!

My team now is:
QB: Brees, (have a waiver on Matt Schuab)
HB: Gore, Martin, Ballard, K.Hunter
WR: Julio, M.Wallace, J.Nelson, K.Britt
TE: B.Myers, J.Finley
K: Tucker
DEF: Chicago, Miami

Agree or Disagree? How do you like the deal? Do you consider this cheating or a GM move?

2nd part: Who to start in my flex spot?

So right now with Nelson on a BYE this week, I need to choose a flex play! K.Britt or V.Ballard?

Britt has been so inconsitent this year but has put his injury behind him and plays Miami
Ballard is hot right now and is getting a good chunk of carries and plays Jacksonville

Who do I go with?

Thank you in advance...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm 

Well sorry I am just now seeing this, & seeing how it seems nobody comments on peoples post anymore (my last %r have 0 replies, including the 1 I posted today) but anyway I don't think its cheating at all every owner should always be on a look out to better their teams & using others bye weeks isn't a bad thing I look for potential bye week trades myself and the lower records may be more willing to make trades, but on the other hand my league allows the rest of the league 24 hours to vote for or against a accepted trade, so maybe next year take a vote and enforce that rule, and also hope you decide to start Britt, I think he'll have a good game, I to am questioning starting Britt or Leshoure for my FLEX, so any advice on those guys?

QB- A.Luck & B.Weeden
RB- M.Lynch, S.Jackson, G.Bernard, & P.Thomas
WR- V.Cruz, S.Smith (CAR), D.Jackson, D.Hopkins, C.Givens, & M.Brown
TE- J.Cameron
K- D.Bailey
TDSP- ARI