FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Subforums
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:43 am 

The site has added subforums so that it is easier to know where to post the trade, who to start, and waiver wire questions. We will be leaving redirects this week as everyone gets used to it. Next week, we will be just moving the threads.

If you post in the worng place and don't see your post, look in the subforums.

They don't call me the Thread Nazi for nothing. :voodoo::minielf::rock:

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:55 pm 

so what exactly will be allowed in the non subforum?

WR- White, Colston, Knox, DAlexander, DThomas
TE- Miller
Redraft 12 Team League PPR
QB: Eli Manning, Favre
RB: Charles, Stewart, LT, Hillis
WR: Randy MOss, Marshall, Nicks, Gaffney
TE: Gonzalez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 pm 

samosazy2k wrote:
so what exactly will be allowed in the non subforum?

With the new sub forums, there won't be much in the main 'Ask the Fantasy Nation' . General questions will dominate the main forum. I am imagining questions like, "What are the projections for the remainder of the year for player A?" "Should I over-rule this trade as a commissioner?", etc.

The line between Fantasy Talk and the general Ask the Nation forums will be fuzzy at times.

The key will be that it will be easier to find and discuss lineup, trade, and WW.

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Note: being a mod does not make me an expert, it just means I can ban your ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:49 pm 

FYI....I tend to like them all combined since they all directly affect how you manage your team and I think you will often find that one thread is within another such as "do I pickup up this player off the waiver or trade for this player". If the conversation doesn't start out that way......I can see many, if not most, of them ending up that way making it very difficult to manage leaving the opportunity for some threads to not be visible to those who are looking for them. Keep 'em all in same thread when it comes to managing a roster no matter if it is trading a player, picking one up off waivers, starting a player or even drafting a player!

If you are looking for feedback and willing to listen......I think it is just fine the way it is and it would make the site worse if you change it!

And why make changes after the season is underway? Changes like this should have been made long ago........just sayin'.........if you think you have a ton of questions/concerns now....juuuuust wait......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:14 am 

sixshooter wrote:
FYI....I tend to like them all combined since they all directly affect how you manage your team and I think you will often find that one thread is within another such as "do I pickup up this player off the waiver or trade for this player". If the conversation doesn't start out that way......I can see many, if not most, of them ending up that way making it very difficult to manage leaving the opportunity for some threads to not be visible to those who are looking for them. Keep 'em all in same thread when it comes to managing a roster no matter if it is trading a player, picking one up off waivers, starting a player or even drafting a player!

If you are looking for feedback and willing to listen......I think it is just fine the way it is and it would make the site worse if you change it!

And why make changes after the season is underway? Changes like this should have been made long ago........just sayin'.........if you think you have a ton of questions/concerns now....juuuuust wait......

Thanks for the input.

As far as making changes after the season is underway, it is agreed however, the change was made in 2010. So, the current setup has been in place for almost a year.

We do our best to place the threads in the right location for ease of finding posts. Sometimes we make the wrong move.

The subforums help keep posts closer to the top so they have a better chance of getting answers. When they were all in one forum, it was very easy to have your question drop to page 2 or 3 or further before anyone even answered it for you.

Nutty - aka Thread Nazi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:50 am 

Fair enough.....I guess there is good and bad with the change. Good point about questions dropping down the list quickly. Just goes to show how popular the site is! Keep it up!!!