FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm 

jcross13 wrote:
It's simple - we pay for X services. This year those services have not been provided as promised. My example has been the 5-star report. It was advertised to be published on Thursdays but that hasn't been happening on a regular basis this season.

I feel like I'm in Mallrats where Brodie keeps complaining about the kid on the escalator and his friend tells him to leave it alone. I'm not sure how many time I need to say this, and this will in fact, be the last time. Up until the Thursday games, the 5-Star Report was published on Friday's so that the information and analysis reported was as accurate as possible (it even stated as such in the Table of Contents). But now, it's a moot point with the Thursday games and now we roll the report out on Wednesdays with it being complete on Thursday, so really, your there's no merit to your argument right now. I have already admitted that we had one report out on Saturday, which was our fault. Do you have a league rule where you need to submit your lineup by Friday? Probably not, so it should leave you plenty of time to analyze and submit a final lineup. Bottom line, Craig and I have never missed a week of our 5-Star Report or any of the content that we provide...

Quote:
Oh, and great customer service. I've emailed you guys directly and no response. Might want to consider that as to why I need to post to these forums just to get a response.

I have not seen one email nor PM come my way from you ever, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm on the boards all the time, so you could've also hit me with a PM.

Quote:
Whatever - you'll continue to get people to pay while you don't deliver so me not coming back next year is no big deal to you. I'm just disappointed as I had been using this site pretty loyally for over 5 years. I'm oh so glad I was able to pay into enabling 2 guys to not need to have real jobs.

Honestly, this was the comment that did it for me and really don't want you as a customer anymore. A real job? I'm lucky enough to be employed by this site (at least a few months more anyway) and I happily do the research, write up the articles and conduct the Live Advice sessions. More times than not, it's a thankless job (just ask Matthew Berry) but that's the industry and I'm glad to be a part of it. I enjoy this work and, sorry if you may not think so, it's a real job.

So with all of this being said, we are issuing you a partial refund for the rest of the season, and to be honest, I really don't want your business anymore. Please, I emplore you, go visit another site so that you can continue to get the same information/projections regurgitated to you on a weekly basis, where the writers would rather be witty, than provide any real information.

Your business is no longer welcome or appreciated here...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike W.

[SIZE="2"]Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/MentalAcumen[/SIZE]
Like me on Facebook and join the conversation
FantasyPros Accuracy Challenge: Follow my progress here
-----------------
Blitz 1.0 (All IDP): Cerebral Assassins 2010 Champions
IDP Report Invitational (All IDP): Cerebral Assassins - 2nd place
Shock&Awe FFL: Cerebral Assassins - 2nd place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 pm 

:clap::rock::cheer::yay::thanks:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 pm 

Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out ya :baby:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 pm 

jcross13 wrote:

Whatever - you'll continue to get people to pay while you don't deliver so me not coming back next year is no big deal to you. I'm just disappointed as I had been using this site pretty loyally for over 5 years. I'm oh so glad I was able to pay into enabling 2 guys to not need to have real jobs.

First off... Mike good job... I got $5 on his refund to see him off... and since no one else touched on it, let me be the one to say;

Dude you say you been loyal for 5 years well you have only been a member for four.... before that you were just a parasite and dont ever insult us by talking game like you LOYAL when you have 2431 in points with 2391 free from the amount of time you are "listed" as a member. You havent tried asking for help in forums or offered anything that shows you give a sh_t about anything but having a winning team handed to you. When you find the site that does you better hope your broke ass can afford it the way you hounding these guys over chump change! Peace!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:40 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:14 am 

JCross, I also have been here many years and to be truthful, there have been things I was not real happy with. However, EVERYTHING I have asked of them has been addressed in a quick and responsible manner. I am still here because I haven't seen any other site that provided what this site does for the amount I pay. Not even close. If you are not satisfied, SHUT UP and go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to stay here. As long as the reports are delivered in time to change lineups if necessary should be good enough. The report you are talking about is really only needed as a check for what you have already decided on for your lineup, unless you are a complete novice to fantasy football. This site has helped me greatly as my record for this year shows: 2 Championships and 4 second place finishes out of 6 teams. Good luck in your future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 am 

I think I've got it figured out... jcross is actually "aceman" from back in the day with a new alias and an even bigger zest for fantasy football fun but he hasn't quite grasped the "football" part just yet.

That's our aceman though, he won't ever stop pissing in the wind.

H.O.P.E. -Indianapolis WildCats- Owner
Blitz 1.0 -Mustard Tigers- Owner
ImageFollow Me On twitter.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:12 pm 

If the purpose is to make this a constructive thread, let me offer my .02- cause that is all its worth. :doh:

I have been a customer for many years, and will re-up for next year. I believe this is the best fanstay football site and that is why I am willing to pay for the content. I appreciate the quality level of the advice and the effort that goes into it- including the addition of the partnering with Fantasy Knuckleheads. Thanks for what you do.

Two things I would like to see:

1- Rankings and Projections off of the tools come out by late Tuesday nights for free agent signings- with the idea that revisions will come later in the week if necessary.

2- Have "rest of the season" rankings actually be meaningfully updated and worth using.

I appreciate the floor.

JV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:57 pm 

gogobroncos wrote:

That's our aceman though, he won't ever stop pissing against the wind.

Fixed :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::doh: