FantasyFootball.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Football
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 am 

Hurriken wrote:
We can't post video links?

[YOUTUBE]tlChr_O2c0U&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Here you go.

Don't use the embed.

All you need to do is paste the video code. It's what follows (watch?v=) in the web address.

Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:21 am 

Thanks Virby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:50 pm 

10 Songs? It just isn't possible so, what I've decided to do is list my favorite song from each album. One slight disclaimer...how can I say this nicely? I am pretty much unfamiliar with Rush after the Subdivisions release. My taste was growing harder and harder and Rush seemed to be mellowing. I'n not knocking it though, I am sure there is some good stuff there.

RUSH - Great first effort but one song stands out, Working Man.

Fly By Night - When we first saw what Rush was going to become. The owl on the album cover was just killer. The song choice is tougher here. I was tempted to say Anthem but I can't deny a song I can listen to 100 times in a row, In The End. Starts out a ballad an moves into a cool stride, a power ballad of sorts.

Caress Of Steel - The title of this release really caught my curiosity and many have called this their worst album. Poppycock. Takes some getting used to but quite enjoyable. Bastille Day I learned how to play this on guitar once. I thought I was the man! Love evertything about it. Who would write a rock song about French history?

2112 - This was it for them. The first time I heard of Rush my buddy was carrying this LP at school. Later when I heard it was instantly hooked. This entire album is a masterpiece. I will be greedy and pick the first song on side one! 2112 Who could record a song that takes an entire album side? Not only that it kicks butt.

All The Worlds a Stage - The first Rush album I owned and since it was two LP's I am picking two songs! Live albums were a phenomenon of the mid seventies. many bands solidified their fame with live releases. This effort was great. It's impossible to pick two songs but I will say Lakeside Park and Something For Nothing My honorable mention goes to By Tor and The Snow Dog, Lifeson takes a bow to his Gibson, classic.

A Farewell To Kings - :crazy: <---that is me trying to pick only one song from this underrated gem. I can't decide so I will just say Xanadu "for I have dined on honey dew and drank the milk of paradise" Whoah.

Hemispheres - Circumstances. This song not only rocks it also has some tricky changes and riffs and the speak French in the lyrics!

Permanent Waves - I remember the day WMET in Chicago played to first track. They made a big deal about it and we made sure we were near the radio at the right time. Natural Science

Moving Pictures - Any hard, fast, pounding, complex song like this that starts out with chimes is A-OK in my book! YYZ. All three showcase their instrumental talent here.

Exit Stage Left - LA VILLA STRANGIATO and Jacobs ladder I'm not as familiar with this album.

Signals - The Weapon. I just like it. "And the things that we fear are weapons to be held against us" How true is that now?

That's as far as this ride goes so I will end with my favorite album. A Farewell to Kings I cannot get enough of this LP. Cygnus X1 is amazing, Zanadu, Closer to the Heart, and the Title track is a must listen.

I could also title this list "songs you should hear if you don't know Rush".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 am 

Virby wrote:
[YOUTUBE]tlChr_O2c0U&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! Well done video of one of the best songs ever. Thanks for the post.:thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm 

Viewer alert!!! The Rush in Rio concert is airing at 9 PM ET tonight on VH1CR (the VH1 Classic Rock channel). This is a replay of a 2004 concert, but a great performance and well worth watching.

:rock::rock:

[SIZE="1"]"Sweet memories, flashing very quickly by
Reminding me, and giving me a reason why
I know that, my goal is more than a thought
I'll be there, when I teach what I've been taught
And I've been taught...

Sweet memories
I never thought it would be like this
"[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]-A. Lifeson[/SIZE]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm 

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news Rush fans!!!!!! The following was copied from the website http://www.rushisaband.com.

Rush pulled a fast one on us late last night and put up an official announcement confirming that they'll be embarking on a second leg of the Time Machine Tour in 2011. The announcement includes specific dates for the UK and Ireland with the promise of more European dates coming soon. [color="Red"]They also confirmed that they'll be playing a selection of North American dates starting in March and going through July![/color] From Rush.com:

TIME MACHINE TOUR 2011
Rush has confirmed they will be extending the Time Machine Tour and coming to Europe this spring.
The following dates are confirmed, including Rush performing in Ireland for the first time ever.
More additional European announcements to come.
Thursday, May 12th Dublin O2
Saturday, May 14th Glasgow SECC
Monday, May 16th Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
Thursday, May 19th Manchester MEN Arena
Saturday, May 21st Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
Sunday, May 22nd Birmingham LG Arena
Wednesday, May 25th London O2
Rush.com members will be receiving a pre-sale notification on Monday, November 22nd that begins on Tuesday, November 23rd.
Tickets for the Time Machine Tour in Ireland & UK general on sale will commence at 9AM GMT on Friday, November 26th, 2010. Ticket links and details will be posted shortly.
Additional European dates will be announced shortly!
[color="red"]Also confirmed today, the Time Machine tour will return to North America for a selection of dates between March and July, primarily with Rush performing in markets not played on the previous tour run this summer.
Stay tuned to rush.com for more details!
[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:53 pm 

[YOUTUBE]4XsYuHbXZUk&feature=autoplay&list=FLMyiVjxkERVs&index=9&playnext=1&shuffle=938856[/YOUTUBE]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:33 am 

That's a pretty cool video Hurriken. I must say though, that the full keyboard/electronic adaptation portrayed here does no justice whatsoever to the superior musicianship and songwriting ability that YYZ represents. Anyone who has ever seen RUSH perform this song live knows that YYZ is the quintessential blending of Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, and Alex Lifeson's unparalleled combination of musicianship and chemistry. Seeing this song performed live eliminates any rational human's ability to doubt that this is the greatest band that has ever or will ever exist on earth.

I've actually been so busy that I didn't even realize how close it is to April 8th... (I have a 13th row center floor section ticket for the Hershey, PA show). Thanks for the reminder Hurriken! Next Friday is going to be a great night!:beer2::woohoo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:26 pm 

How does Tom Sawyer not get any love in a Rush greatest hits thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:41 pm 

theconvicks wrote:
How does Tom Sawyer not get any love in a Rush greatest hits thread?

No one ever said this was a "greatest hits" thread. RUSH is not really a "greatest hits" kind of band. I always find it interesting to see which songs other RUSH fans put on their favorites list. It seems like no two lists are ever the same. Rush fans don't really care which songs the "hits" are. They have too many great songs to focus on just the handful of "hits" that receive airplay. Don't get me wrong... Tom Sawyer is definitely a great song, and one of the best drum songs ever written, but I'm really not all that surprised it hasn't shown up on anybody's list of favorites.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next